DPC for Employees
As a small business owner you care about your employees, but may be unable to afford health insurance for them. Employers who do provide insurance may be able to pair DPC with a high deductible plan or a self-insured plan for greater savings. Direct Primary Care can help provide health CARE for your employees and help provide a valuable benefit which they can use.
Employers can pay for none, part or all of the monthly membership fee for the employee and their family members. Any labs or in-office medications may be either charged to the employee or the employer. Employees are eligible to continue with an individual membership with Health Connections if they leave employment.
Businesses who do not provide health insurance may be able to provide this as a post-tax benefit for their employees, or simply deduct the fees from their paychecks and submit payment to Health Connections. Please speak with your CPA about how this can be done.
If you are self-insured you may be able to save money for your business – as Direct Primary Care offices do a good job at preventing unnecessary visits to urgent cares and emergency rooms. Please speak to your benefits administrator about how self-insured plans can be combined with Direct Primary Care.
- Pre-employment physicals
- DOT Physical
- Acute Care visits for illness (bronchitis, bladder infections, allergies
- Minor injuries (sprains, basic stitches)
- Chronic Care management (diabetes, obesity, hypertension, asthma/COPD, hypothyroidism, depression, anxiety, etc.)
- Annual Wellness physicals (including pap smears, well child/teen exams, school and sports physicals
- Minor skin biopsies and skin lesion removals (skin tags, warts, etc.) – location/complexity dependent.
- Abscess Drainage
- Ear Wax removal
- Joint injections (knee or shoulder)
- In house labs: fingerstick glucose, urine pregnancy test, rapid strep, urinalysis.
- Blood work that is sent out to the lab – can be charged to employer, employee or insurance. My reduced lab prices are only if paid outside insurance.
- Imaging studies
- Medical services received outside of Health Connections
- Pathology or Radiologist fees for interpreting pap smears, biopsy results or imaging studies
- Do Workman’s Comp cases
- Drug screening on current employees/patients
- Provide care to people covered by Medicaid or Medicare due to governmental regulations
- Prescribe ongoing controlled substances (ex. ativan, percocet, Ritalin)
- Provide inpatient or obstetric care – although we do courtesy visits!
Modern Medicine with Old-Fashioned Care
Affordable, Accessible, Personalized