Direct Primary Care for Individuals and their Families:
People can enroll themselves and their family members directly with Health Connections Direct Primary Care. Payment is charged automatically on the 1st of each month to their credit card or debited from their checking account. Patients may then see the physician without additional co-pays or per visit charges. It works like a gym membership – you can use it as much or as little as you need – but unlike a gym membership there are no long-term contracts. If someone chooses to unenroll at Health Connections, they need to submit this request in writing at least 30 days in advance.
- Acute Care visits for illness (bronchitis, bladder infections, allergies)
- Minor injuries (sprains, basic stitches)
- Chronic Care management (diabetes, obesity, hypertension, asthma/COPD, hypothyroidism, depression, anxiety, smoking cessation etc.)
- Annual Wellness physicals (including pap smears, well child/teen exams, school
- Minor skin biopsies and skin lesion removals (skin tags, warts, etc.) – location/complexity dependent.
- Abscess Drainage
- Ear Wax removal
- Joint injections (knee or shoulder)
- In-house labs: fingerstick glucose, urine pregnancy test, rapid strep, urinalysis.
- Blood work that is sent out to the lab – you can either pay me to get very discounted cash prices (often 75% off or more), or use your insurance.
- Discounted Medications – some common medications may be available at reduced cash prices in-office.
- Imaging studies
- Medical Care received outside of Health Connections
- Pathology or Radiologist fees for interpreting
papsmears, biopsy results or imaging studies
Do not Do:
- Provide care to people covered by Medicaid or Medicare due to governmental regulations
- Prescribe ongoing controlled substances – patients may obtain elsewhere if indicated.
- Inpatient or obstetric care